Style:
welcome to bbDKP.com Downloads Tracker Development Jade Deathwing FreenodeIRC
Malfate
Former Team member
Grand Duke of Darkness
Grand Duke of Darkness

[RELEASED] 1.0.8 Beta 4

Postby Malfate » 15 May 2008, 07:13

Well today i thought i would unleash alot of new things. First of all I would like to announce the release of bbDKP Beta 4! After many months of inactivity, and hard work we have finally compiled a beta 4 for most of you to test out. We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to do a Clean Full Install since bbDKP has been cleaned up quite a bit and there have been many improvements/features added to bbDKP. But if that is not possible, we have included a changed files only for those of you who have heavily modded sites. The Beta 3 to Beta 4 Upgrade Files comes with an installer to help new people out with pre-existing databases ( So that you do not lose Raid Data). In the zip there is also a Manual Update Install text file for step by step install instructions.

I would like to take the time to thank the following people for development and contributions:

Teksonic
- Developer, Teksonic helped many members with their problems and helped me finish up what was needed to release Beta 4.
Ippeh - Project Creator and Developer up until Beta 3.
MokeyTech and DWKN- Former Developers that helped us fixes bugs throughout the production of Beta 4.

Without these people we would not have bbDKP or have gotten the support needed to make Beta 4. Sorry that it came so late and it was delayed for so many months due to inactivity, or just plain busy schedule. We hope to not disappoint you with the release of Beta 4, but to show that bbDKP is continue to progress and there is an exciting and bright future for bbDKP. Continue to post suggestions in the suggestion section, so that we can start developing the next version of bbDKP with enhanced features, and support.

Full Change log from Beta 3 to Beta 4:

[ADDED] - Leaderboard under the standings page as well as Class Colors. :D
[ADDED] - Enhanced Recruitment Block (can now specify spec's, like Shadow Priest, Enhance Shamans, Fury Warriors etc...)
[ADDED] - Instructions on how to add [item] [/item] buttons to phpbb3 forums.
[ADDED] - "DKP" text & link to language file (now it can be multi-lingual) as well as many other variables to increase multi-lingual support :D .
[ADDED] - "Forum Index" link to both templates (so theres both an "Index" and "Forum Index" in the menus for easier navigation.
[ADDED] - Added SQL statements to index.php to make more forum data available for use (login times etc).
[ADDED] - Event & Raid Triggers for CTRA.
[ADDED] - Install Folder for plugins/main install for added security and vulnerabilities that can arise when files are not deleted after install.

[UPDATED] - CTRT Updated 1.16.8.
[UPDATED] - Bossprogress for Zul'Aman, and Sunwell.
[UPDATED] - Raidnote/event triggers for ZA/Sunwell (SW Untested).
[UPDATED] - Project/Team Information Information.
[UPDATED] - Armory plugin now inserts ranks, and removes members who leave/quit/kicked from the guild.
[UPDATED] - Functions.php to work with phpbb3 3.0.1 updated.
[UPDATED] - Updated Wowhead image directory for Itemstats

[CHANGED] - Changed the way you install/update plugins. Plugins are no longer installed on standard default installation of bbDKP.
[CHANGED] - WoW is the Default install for bbDKP (Mainly concerns items stats, But you can easily edit config files to change it to LOTRO.
[CHANGED] - When clicking the "Admin" button under the DKP section it will automatically take you to the DKP tab of the ACP.

[FIXED] - Raid Note Parsing error for CTRT when using an apostrophe.
[FIXED] - Main Installer updated, fixed syntax problem.
[FIXED] - Itemstats fix, wowhead default and function itemstats_decorate_name2($name, $buyer, $price, $class) is back alive.
[FIXED] - Fixed CTRT import error. (returning 0 no matter what).
[FIXED] - CTRT now works with special characters so that name like "Aniér", and works as intended.
[FIXED] - Roster support names like "Aniér", and should link to armory correctly.
[FIXED] - Now can scroll through items if the users have more than X amount of items looted to them(20 is default).
[FIXED] - function GetRankIdByRankName.
[FIXED] - all mySQL tables should now be utf8 (including plugins).
[FIXED] - UCP auth fix.
[FIXED] - The ACP check for newest version should be less sensitive to test version being tested. and not always saying that a new version is out when there is not public version out.

[REMOVED] - dkp/overall_header_menu.html and dkp/overall_footer.html .Now you just use your standard template overall_header.html overall_footer for your new themes. :idea: :D
[REMOVED] - "Who is Online" menu box.
[REMOVED] - All old references to "phpbb3 + eqdkp Integrated" as project name, with the new project name of "bbDKP"

One new change concerning the installation of bbDKP Beta 4, All plugins are able to be optionally installed, and the installation instructions are included in the read me files. It is simple and easy to install all the plugins.

On another note i would like to thank Bisa for donating to the bbDKP project, his donation helped pay for the new domain and hosting. All posts/users should have been migrated to the new site so there is no need to re-register or constantly have to refer to the old site to look at old posts. But, if you would also like to donate to the bbDKP project feel free to do so below. And, if you donate to bbDKP the next release will show that you contributed to the project.

If you would like to donate through paypal follow the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... et=UTF%2d8

And on a sad and jolly note, All official support for beta 3 will be discontinued. Now that there is new version out with NUMEROUS improvements we will no longer be supporting any other versions other than beta 4. Assuming that Beta 4 has no problems we will release a final version of 1.0.9. So that means if you come across any bugs make sure to post on the forums.

=================================================================

Visit Google Code to Download the Newest Version of bbDKP

bbDKP 1.0.8 Beta 4:

http://code.google.com/p/bbdkp/downloads/list
If you like what we have done, keep the project alive and feel free to donate Via Paypal: Here
Please Use the Search Button and look for your problems on our boards before posting.
"The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer."
-Albert Einstein

Teksonic
Former Team member
Grand Baron of Darkness
Grand Baron of Darkness

Re: 1.0.8 Beta 4 Released

Postby Teksonic » 15 May 2008, 08:37

I know the release was later then we original hoped, but I think it was well worth the wait. look forward to a bigger enhanced version of bbDKP. keep your suggestions flowing we love to hear what you the community want implement into upcoming releases of bbDKP.

also

LOOK AT THIS KICK ASS NEW SITE DEDICATED TO ALL THINGS BBDKP!!!!
If you like what we have done, keep the project alive and feel free to donate Via Paypal: Here
Please Use the Search Button and look for your problems on our boards before posting.
Current bbDKP available here!
You all saw it! That orphanage attacked me! - Richard the Warlock

Kapli
Retired Developer
Grand Baron of Darkness
Grand Baron of Darkness

Postby Kapli » 16 May 2008, 18:21

Yey!
So what exactly is the todo list for 1.0.9?

Clementtang

Postby Clementtang » 19 May 2008, 16:38

The download link on the site navigator seems broken.

Malfate
Former Team member
Grand Duke of Darkness
Grand Duke of Darkness

Postby Malfate » 20 May 2008, 00:30

Click the one below it, or visit http://code.google.com/p/bbdkp
"The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer."
-Albert Einstein