Stuff the management is working on
phpBB DEV topic.
Sajaki
Development Team Leader

[HOTFIX] bbDKP Pandaren Race_id database update

Postby Sajaki » 09 Oct 2012, 14:25

hi all,

[URGENT]

If you run Wow in your bbDKP install there is an urgent sql update to do.

After a talk on irc it seems Blizzard changed the race_id's in Battle.net to 25 for Alliance and 26 for Horde.

This is important because currently bbDKP sets it up as 24 for Ally & 25 for Horde.
You will see that if you update your memberlist from the Armory the pandaren horde members will not show.

I verified this for a horde & alliance pandaren and here's what i found :

Alliance = 25

Code: Select all
{"lastModified":1349776936000,"name":"Pingdingy","realm": "Aszune","battlegroup":"Blackout","class":10,"race":25,"gender":1, "level":66,"achievementPoints":3615,"thumbnail":"aszune/231/80836839-avatar.jpg","calcClass":"f"}

horde is 26
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/ ... Cli%C3%A1n
{"lastModified":1349780288000,"name":"Shuìlián","realm":"Illidan", "battlegroup":"Rampage","class":10,"race":26,"gender":1,"level":66, "achievementPoints":3490,"thumbnail":"illidan/58/97907258-avatar.jpg","calcClass":"f"}

So in order to horfix your bbDKP install you'll have to run this sql from phpMyadmin :

/*horde*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_races set race_id=26 where race_id=25 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_memberlist set member_race_id=26 where member_race_id=25 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=26 where attribute_id=25 and game_id='wow';
/*alliance*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_memberlist set member_race_id=25 where member_race_id=24 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_races set race_id=25 where race_id=24 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=25 where attribute_id=24 and game_id='wow';

Aerwin
Developer

Re: [HOTFIX] bbDKP Pandaren Race_id database update

Postby Aerwin » 23 Oct 2012, 04:10

I am a little late to see this but I went ahead and ran the sql you gave us:

/*horde*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_memberlist set member_race_id=26 where member_race_id=25 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=26 where attribute_id=25 and game_id='wow';
/*alliance*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_memberlist set member_race_id=25 where member_race_id=24 and game_id='wow';
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=25 where attribute_id=24 and game_id='wow';

However it errors out on the:

Why would we need to make these changes to the language file?

Aerwin
Developer

Postby Aerwin » 23 Oct 2012, 04:21

So I guess I figured it out. I went in the database and edited 6 entries. Pandaren Alliance and Pandaren Horde each for en,de,fr changing 24 to 25 and the 25 to 26. I hope this is what you meant.

Aerwin
Developer

Postby Aerwin » 23 Oct 2012, 04:27

The code should be:

update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=26 where attribute_id=25 and game_id='wow' and name="Pandaren Horde";
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=25 where attribute_id=24 and game_id='wow' and name="Pandaren Alliance";

please verify that this is what you meant.

Blazeflack
Support Team Leader

Postby Blazeflack » 08 Nov 2012, 16:42

Yeah I think that is correct Aerwin. The current code doesn't work because it tries to modify entries which have already been modified. We need the additional check you included.

So the right code to run would be:
/*horde*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=26 where attribute_id=25 and game_id='wow' and name="Pandaren Horde";
/*alliance*/
update phpbb_bbdkp_language set attribute_id=25 where attribute_id=24 and game_id='wow' and name="Pandaren Alliance";
Please don't PM me for support. Create a new topic with your question, this way everyone gains from the information shared.

Return to News & Announcements