Last visit was: less than a minute ago

It is currently 20 Jun 2013, 13:28

Release 1.2 progress

bbdkp discussion that doesn't fit in another category.

Re: Release 1.2 progress

Postby guest » 13 Oct 2010, 16:56

sorry to bump this but when can we expect the Cataclysm style and epgp ?

DaXiu
Former Team member

Postby DaXiu » 13 Oct 2010, 18:02

As far as I know is Sajaki now focusing on EPGP, characterprofiler and raidplanner for the next release. If everything goes fine it will be before Cataclysm, although it's no promise as he's doing this in his free time.

I am working on a new bbdkp template, but I don't know if it will be finished before Cataclysm. I plan for a release at 2010-12-06.

There will be a preview of the style(s) on which I'm working in the coming week!
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." — Barney Stinson

Sajaki
Development Team Leader

Postby Sajaki » 26 Oct 2010, 16:32

As the Cata template is now in beta, i'd like to tell you abit about what's next in line.

Raid planner
I'm now working on the Raid scheduler. it is a phpbb3 port of phpRaider, and it will include a character profiler, with phpbb3 Account integration via UCP with your existing bbDKP characters.

EPGP
Next up, implementing epgp.

In my view, basically, DKP is accounting.

So, in order to support multiple loot systems, like EPGP, I'll have to overhaul the whole point system.
This will mean abit of a database change. For example, there will be a new table called "transactions" that will hold all data. This is inspired from accounting system software, where you typically have several accounts in a general ledger table. So we'll have an account called "earned", "time", "gearpoints", "effortpoints", "spent", etc..

This way, rolling back a raid will be a simple thing, since it is just a transaction.

The EP/GP ratio will so result from an sql select in the transactions table. The current dkp table will be kept as a "summary" table.

Users will thus be able to choose their loot system in the ACP and change it at will. For this there will be a new "loot system" table.

In conclusion i'd like to say that this will finally break the last link we had with the original EQDKP.

Styles releases
As we've gained some experience in doing the Cata theme, we'd like to release a phpbb3 style for Lotro Style and Aion too.

cheers,
Sajaki

sedrikk
Baron

Postby sedrikk » 27 Oct 2010, 01:16

Sajaki wrote:In conclusion i'd like to say that this will finally break the last link we had with the original EQDKP.

Wow, thats pretty big. I knew there were some major changes between the two, but always considered both projects fundamentally the same. I like the direction you are taking with the dkp tracking.

Fischje
Peasant

Postby Fischje » 09 Nov 2010, 23:07

Sajaki wrote:.

Raid planner
I'm now working on the Raid scheduler. it is a phpbb3 port of phpRaider, and it will include a character profiler, with phpbb3 Account integration via UCP with your existing bbDKP characters.

any news on this?

Sajaki
Development Team Leader

Postby Sajaki » 14 Nov 2010, 23:50

here's a preview for the lootsystems acp selection:

pearfire575
Tireless Squire

Postby pearfire575 » 15 Nov 2010, 00:25

Awesome! I do really appreciate that you did take over the EPGP part. Just as my guild wanted to switch to that for Cata.

Sajaki
Development Team Leader

Postby Sajaki » 15 Nov 2010, 01:03

Fischje wrote:any news on this?

the planner is well underway now. it will be a new independent mod, not a plugin.

Durete
Fieldhand

Postby Durete » 16 Nov 2010, 00:03

Sajaki wrote:
the planner is well underway now. it will be a new independent mod, not a plugin.

Awesome!

sheeper
Knight

Postby sheeper » 16 Nov 2010, 00:35

And why idipendend and not reusing the class, language and boss/event tables?

PreviousNext

Return to bbdkp discussion